Dentures – Arlington, TX
Regain a Fully
According to the American College of Prosthodontists, an estimated 120 million adults are missing at least one tooth, while 36 million are missing all of their teeth. If you’re suffering from the effects of tooth loss, Dr. Whitmore and our team can help. We offer high-quality, durable, and natural-looking dentures in Arlington that can allow you to regain your confidence and ability to complete basic daily tasks like eating and speaking. To learn more about this treatment, call our office today to schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Robert A. Whitmore, DDS for Dentures?
- Dentist with 35 Years of Experience
- High-Quality Dental Materials Used
- In-Network with Dental Insurance
Who is a Good Candidate for Dentures?
Typically, we recommend dentures for patients who:
- Are missing several or all of their teeth along an arch
- Have sustained bone loss that prevents them from getting dental implants
- Are dedicated to maintaining good oral health
- Have treated any lingering dental issues, like cavities and gum disease
Types of Dentures
The type of denture that your dentist in Arlington may suggest will depend on your unique tooth loss situation. Based on our findings during your initial consultation, we’ll walk you through our recommended restorative treatments and explain how they can help you achieve a complete smile again.
Partial dentures typically contain a strategically-designed metal base that fits between your existing teeth. This base holds a gum-colored acrylic foundation that houses beautiful, lifelike replacement teeth. Once the partials are placed in your mouth, they’ll complete your smile and prevent your surrounding teeth from drifting out of place down the road.
Full dentures are specially designed to harness the power of natural suction when placed over the gums, allowing them to stay firmly in place while you eat and speak. The base is made of a natural-looking, gum-colored acrylic that holds replacement teeth in place.
For patients who are looking for a longer-lasting, more natural-feeling solution for tooth loss, we also offer implant dentures that are secure to dental implant posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone. This allows them to not only restore the visible surface of teeth, but also the root structure, preventing jawbone erosion over time and preserving your natural facial structure.
The Benefits of Dentures
Replacing your missing teeth with dentures offers a wide array of benefits, including:
- Boosted confidence
- Eat and speak with ease again
- Ability to last for seven or more years with the proper care
- Easy to maintain
- Preserve your facial shape
- Effectively restore your teeth in a cost-effective way
- Tried-and-true solution to tooth loss
If you would like to learn more, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly team.